WAFM to DAHM

First I was a work away from home Mom and it was very hard....then I was a SAHM - stay at home mom and mother of 4- then I tried being a WAHM - work at home mom and that was awesome......But now I am a DAHM - Disabled at home Mom and I am doing the best that I can to make that Okay! Recently I have added caregiver and advocate to my 84 year old mother who suffers from Dementia and mental illness. Such is life... I hope you visit here and find a reason to smile and a little Joy!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Onion Pie and So Much More.....

Much of the time I have trouble boiling water and most things I try don't seem to turn out these days.  When I find a recipe that is something that my hubby and I love, I get pretty excited.  When I make it (even remember to buy all the ingredients) and it turns out just as good as we imagined, then I am in heaven!!  I used to be a fairly good cook - no Martha, but decent.  Now it is hard work and way too easy for me to get confused and that is good for nobody - not even my dogs - even they know when to back away.

I tried this recipe last night and just crossed my fingers and hoped it would be eatable - well if I do say so myself it was fabulous -- just a fluke I'm sure but wonderful just the same.  The recipe is below - I did use fat free half and half and about a cup of the cheese and I added some garlic.   It all came together and it cuts so beautifully - could have been that Paula Deen Pie Dish - I don't know.......but who cares - it was Great!!!


Onion Pie
CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com
Serves/Makes: 6 | Difficulty Level: 3 | Ready In: 30-60 minutes
Ingredients:
1 premade pie crust, 9"
2 cups thinly sliced Vidalia onions or other sweet onions
2 tablespoons butter (can use olive oil for half or all this amount)
3/4 cup milk (used fat free half and half)
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed grated sharp cheddar (used Swiss)
paprika (optional)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt olive oil in skillet over medium heat and saute onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Arrange onions in crust evenly.
Beat eggs, milk and salt in a bowl and season with pepper. Pour egg mixture over onions. Sprinkle with cheese and a dash of paprika, if desired.
Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
Recipe Location: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/67/Onion_Pie20310.shtml
Recipe ID: 31615
Don't forget to stop back at CDKitchen and write a review or upload a picture of this recipe!
This recipe is from CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com
© 1995-2010 CDKitchen, Inc.
Onion Pie http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/print/31615,20310,s=6.html
1

No comments:

Post a Comment