WAFM to DAHM

First I was a work away from home Mom and it was very hard....then I was a SAHM - stay at home mom and mother of 4- then I tried being a WAHM - work at home mom and that was awesome......But now I am a DAHM - Disabled at home Mom and I am doing the best that I can to make that Okay! Recently I have added caregiver and advocate to my 84 year old mother who suffers from Dementia and mental illness. Such is life... I hope you visit here and find a reason to smile and a little Joy!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Irritability.....UGH!!!

Am I the only one??  One of my most frustrating symptoms is Irritability!!!  I know that some of this is caused from being in pain - it seems to make my fuse a little shorter.  Sometimes it just sneaks up on me and I blast off with no warning.  My hubby is a little oblivious at times to what triggers these outbreaks and I feel horrible when I snap.  It feels like my nerves have been roughed up with sand paper at times and the least little thing will set me off.  Today the impetus was cracking ice by the hubs .....  even after the offensive noise or irritant stops, I am still feeling raw.  It's as if I have been plugged into the wall and electrified - truly.

Now here's the rub, I have taken Excedrin for the pain which contains caffeine and had one cup of coffee to try and move just a little.  So if I take something to soften the blow of the electrification, then I am a zombie with negative energy - not just tired but totally wiped out.  So there is the daily choice of being on the edge or a lump on the couch.  I realize there are other drugs out there for the pain and I do use some other NSAIDs at times but I cannot take narcotics and I have a very low threshold for drugs in general - another words a very little goes a long way.

So - I try to explain again that startling me, waking me up from a deep sleep for no good reason, or making extremely irritating noises just may cause a backlash that I cannot control.  Nothing horrific but unpleasant just the same.  Let's take note - Mom does not do well with certain irritations so unless there is a compelling reason for them, we won't go there today.  We will all be happier around here and we will all live to see another day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment