WAFM to DAHM

First I was a work away from home Mom and it was very hard....then I was a SAHM - stay at home mom and mother of 4- then I tried being a WAHM - work at home mom and that was awesome......But now I am a DAHM - Disabled at home Mom and I am doing the best that I can to make that Okay! Recently I have added caregiver and advocate to my 84 year old mother who suffers from Dementia and mental illness. Such is life... I hope you visit here and find a reason to smile and a little Joy!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Shopping.......Ahhhhh.....

Shopping - oh how I used to love to go shopping or even just browsing!  How do you get the things you and your family need??  Groceries, clothing, just the little things you need or want to chose yourself - what a dilemma.....at least I find it to be.  I rarely can manage it any longer and even if I do have a good day and try it, there will be a hefty price to pay for the time out.  I am very fortunate that my hubby manages a grocery store and therefore he can take care of that chore.  But---there are times when I would so love to take myself to the store, pick out food and be able to prepare a meal for my family all by myself.  I can no longer do that and I miss it.

I am learning to shop online and most of last year's Christmas was done that way.  It is so wonderful to have that option and I am thankful for it but it still is just not the same.  Things don't always look the same in a picture and many times don't fit right or work the way you thought.  But, with a bit of research and reading through feedback when you can find it, it can be done.

Since my hubby works lots of hours and is gone a good bit, I am trying to make our time together less about his having to drive me out to do necessary shopping.  He doesn't mind, but I know it keeps him from being able to do things he enjoys.  What are your solutions for shopping?  Can you still do it on your own?  Do you enjoy it at all?  I would love to know how others handle this challenge.  It will surely help us all not to be shopaholics!  ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment