WAFM to DAHM

First I was a work away from home Mom and it was very hard....then I was a SAHM - stay at home mom and mother of 4- then I tried being a WAHM - work at home mom and that was awesome......But now I am a DAHM - Disabled at home Mom and I am doing the best that I can to make that Okay! Recently I have added caregiver and advocate to my 84 year old mother who suffers from Dementia and mental illness. Such is life... I hope you visit here and find a reason to smile and a little Joy!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

When Your Faith is Stronger.....

This past week has been an unusual one for me - I am thankful that it is out of the norm that I have this type of week.  In the last few days, a friend I went to high school with passed away suddenly at 55; a friend that I used to work with lost his beloved 14 year old daughter; and an online creative friend who had had a miscarriage 3 months ago found out this week that she is now carrying a molar pregnancy - no baby and the cells were malignant and had spread to several of her organs.  She has since had an emergency hysterectomy and will have to begin chemo within the next few days.  She is the age of my older boys - just shocking!  A young local weather man lost his Grannie - a Grandmother he shared with each of us almost daily - we all felt we knew her too.  A young women that I know only through my reading about her, is experiencing much pain with one of her children and mental illness - the pain that only a parent can experience when their child is in pain.  While all of these events are unrelated, I am touched by each of them and I feel so much pain and empathy for each of these families. 

I realize that in the scheme of things within the universe, these events happen all the time and the world keeps turning and the sun still comes up every day.  This week has given me pause - a reason to look at things a little more clearly and to realize even more that time is limited, life is short, and we must make the most of every day.  I have spent a good bit of my life in limbo and not really appreciating that this is not the rehearsal and life is not infinite.  While most of us will never know how many hours or days we have, we must breath deeply and do our best to enjoy our life and live it to the fullest - to the best of our individual ability!   So---when, I am tempted to bemoan my own situation, I will remember these brave wonderful friends and their own crosses to bear and how well they have handled adversity and pain and aspire to be much like them - if only a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment